Arts Flanders aims to become the international point of reference for information about the Arts and Cultural Heritage in the Flanders region and about artists from Flanders who are active abroad.
Arts Flanders seeks to offer qualitative and thematic news items, related to an elaborate event calendar and complemented by a monthly newsletter.
Arts Flanders is comprised of a collaboration of supporting organisations (listed below) that span the full range of the Arts, from musical performances to Architectural innovations.
As such, the concept of Arts Flanders is not to distinguish the divisions amongst these various disciplines, but rather to bring to light the places where they meet and overlap.
The mission of Arts Flanders is to provide ready information and content about the most important international cultural events in Belgium and Europe and from around the world. Arts Flanders also brings together a variety of contacts in Flanders to look at the long-term planning of cultural events, both in Belgium and abroad. This mission enables it to work towards synergy within the cultural field, as well as in partnerships with other areas such as tourism, economy and diplomacy.
As an overarching communications platform, Arts Flanders seeks to help professionals in search of partners or information to find their way to Flanders’ various authorities and key cultural players. In that way, it complements the discipline-specific international communications methods of information centres and foundations, which founded this site out of these particular needs.
Arts Flanders supports the expansion of sustainable international relationships in the arts, heritage and cultural sectors, and strives to provide them greater visibility. Arts Flanders illustrates the creative and innovative force of our region and works to increase the overall internatioinal visibility of the Arts and Cultural Heritage from Flanders.
Arts Flanders also is a consultation platform for the most important cultural stakeholders in the long-term planning that is involved in large-scale events abroad. Promotions such as international cluster communications and network events can also be organised under this banner, with or without the collaboration of the tourism, economy and/or diplomacy sectors.
Arts Flanders is founded by:
- Flanders Music Centre (MCV): www.flandersmusic.be > Flanders Arts Institute since 1 January 2015
- Institute for the Performing Arts in Flanders (VTi): www.performingarts.be >Flanders Arts Institute since 1 January 2015
- Institute for visual, audiovisual and media art (BAM): www.bamart.be > Flanders Arts Institute since 1 January 2015
- Flanders Architecture Institute (VAi): www.vai.be
- Flemish Literature Fund (VFL): www.vfl.be
- FARO, Flemish interface centre for cultural heritage: www.faronet.be
In 2013- 2014, the founders were joined by:
- Flemish Art Collection (VKC) : www.flemishartcollection.be
- Contemporary Art Heritage Flanders (CAHF): www.cahf.be
- Flanders Image (VAF): www.flandersimage.com